Welcome

Welcome. While I was sitting in church this morning I heard God speaking to me. He told me to share His love with everyone who has ears to hear and eyes to see. (Deuteronomy 29:4) I have been blessed with the forgiving love that Jesus Christ offers to all who believe. I have been blessed with the privilege of living in a community where God is prevalent and alive, and I have also been blessed with godly teachers who have instilled their wisdom through study and sermon upon me.

Because of these things I am able to send God’s messages Love, Mercy, Compassion and Forgiveness to you. It is not by my hand or understanding but through His Grace and Glory that he has allowed and enabled me to share His words and love.

May your time spent reading my posts be both a blessing and a tool, allowing you to get to know the Jesus that I love with all my heart. The Jesus that saves, that heals and that restores the lives of those who call Him Lord of Lords.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Gods Power at Work

I received the following quote from an unknown author via email today:

If you want to see God's power at work, you must get out of the
church and into the world. Watch the extravagant lengths which
God will go to reveal Himself to people who don't know Him. Then
you will learn how truly awesome our God is.
     -- Author Unknown

It made me sit back and think for a moment.  How do non believers see the world?  Where do they think the trees and the flowers came from?  How about the birds and animals?  We won’t even get into the people that walk the earth, that’s a whole other can of worms for a later discussion.  After some time spent on Google, I have found a variety of thoughts on the subject.  Some were so non biblical it was scary, like this one from a blogger who posted on the answers.yahoo.com site.  He stated the following: 

There is a model called Grimes' triangle which is useful when considering this. It divides all plants into 3 groups. One of those groups is 'competitive'. Trees are in the competitive group. They are successful because they can grow taller than other plants and block out the light. In a stable environment they are the most effective at dominating the natural resources...

        This response was from a Botany student.  The second respondent from the same site was just as scary as the first.  She stated that:

They evolved from cells that were able to photosynthesis. Like animals there is a succession of plant groups, with newer ones being more dominant for periods of time ( eg carboniferous ear when coal was laid down was the age of fern)....we are currently in the age of angiosperms.  The first plants were mosses, liverworts and hornworts which do not have an internal vascular system so rely on water... So trees came about by slowly evolving over time from small plants to some pretty big mobsters of today with a better vascular system, development of wood and other little tricks to keep the plant stable ( when its tall).......

If we are not careful, we will lose an entire generation to the evolutionary teachers that are in our schools.  They are teaching our children that the world and its contents just appeared and we all came from some kind of primordial ooze.  There is no thought or mention to The Creator, or any tolerance of such “nonsense” as my daughter was told by her teacher during her science class in seventh grade.  At the time we lived in the Bay Area of California where God wasn’t allowed to be mentioned in any public venue, especially at a school.  Thankfully my daughter was already strong in her faith and in God the Creator. She also had the courage to stand up to her teacher and politely, yet firmly, tell him how mistaken he was.  Of course, I was then called and asked to come down to the school for a “meeting”.  During this “meeting” I was told of my daughter’s poor judgment and lack of insight as to how the world worked.  I was told that she would need to apologize in front of the teacher as well as the principle for the statements that she made to that teacher while I was there.  I could see where this was leading and could hardly wait to see how my daughter would respond.  Knowing in my heart God was totally orchestrating this “apology”.

The teacher was called into the office for her apology.  He waited all high and mighty for her to tell him he was right, and that she was sorry.  I can’t remember the exact words she used for this apology, but it boiled down to “I’m so sorry that you have been deceived by the world.  That you haven’t found the love of Jesus and are so lost that you are grasping at anything someone else has written or told you for answers.  I will pray for your salvation, and that God will ultimately be the Lord of your life and not the world.”  She then smiled and asked if she could return to her class.  The principal was so surprised by her apology she just nodded and my daughter went back to class.  I just smiled at both the principal and the teacher, and asked if they had any further questions.  Neither could think of anything to say and just shook their heads no.  I left the school that day feeling both at peace and extremely proud of my daughter.  God had won that debate.  He had instilled into my daughter His truth and the courage to stand up for that Truth.  

According to Romans 1:19-21 which says

“Since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.  For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.”

God has been there from the beginning.  In fact, He is the beginning and the end.

Revelations 22:13
“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

We need to be diligent in our walk so the world can see the Truth and the Love that God offers us everyday.  The beauty he makes for our pleasure, like the beautiful sunrises from the East and the glorious sunsets in the West.  I pray that next time you are out walking in this world you take time to appreciate the things of God, the things that He has made for our enjoyment.  Everything from the Redwood trees in Northern California to the smallest little bug that may cross your path.  God made them all.  He made everything.  He is the Creator of the Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment